Transatlantyk Festival 2019
Instant Composition ContestTM
ŁÓDŹ, June 10th 2019
JAN A.P. KACZMAREK
THE RULES OF TRANSATLANTYK INSTANT COMPOSITION CONTESTTM
- The Rules state the principles of the Transatlantyk Instant Composition ContestTM (hereinafter referred to as the Contest).
- The Organizer of the Contest is the Transatlantyk Festival Foundation with its registered office in Łódź, Plac Wolności, 91-415 Łódź, entered into the registry of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register kept by the District Court for Łódź-Śródmieście, XX Economic Division of the National Court Register under the KRS number 0000557292, holding the Taxpayer Identification Number NIP 7252086370 and the National Business Registry Number REGON 361487979 (hereinafter referred to as the Organizer).
- The Contest is held as part of the Transatlantyk Festival 2019, in the following stages:
- June 10th 2019 – Competition opening and announcement
- July 12th 2019 – Submission deadline
- July 12th 2019 – Registration fees deadline
- July 18th 2019 – Eliminations
- July 18th 2019 – The Final
- July 19th 2019 – Announcement of the competition winners and awards presentation during the Closing Gala
- The competition is not a game of chance as defined by the act on games and mutual wagering as of July 29th, 1992 (Journal of Law 2004, No 4, pos. 27).
- Entering, the competition, constitutes the acceptance of these rules.
- Winners of any of the three prizes of previous editions of Transatlantyk Instant Composition Contest are not allowed to participate in the ongoing competition.
- Artists from all over the world, who, by December 31th, 2019 are not 40 years of age or older are eligible to take part in the competition. Winners of any of the three prizes of previous editions of Transatlantyk Instant Composition ContestTM are not allowed to participate in the ongoing competition.
- Before the Contest, the composers will take part in the elimination in which they will be asked to watch a short film fragment and to instantly improvise a piano score synchronized with the picture.
- The Elimination will be held on July 18th 2019, in front of the jury (and live audience optional).
- During the Elimination stage, the jury will name ten finalists who will compete in the Contest on July 18th 2019.
- After watching a short film fragment, the participants walk into the stage, where they have to compose live a piano music score for the film without prior preparation.
- The musical improvisations will be judged by an international jury.
- The participants will not be able to familiarize themselves with the film fragments to which they will be asked to compose the music.
- The Elimination and the Contest may use different film materials.
- In order to take part in the Contest, the participants must fill out and send in a form, which can be found on the Organizer’s website www.transatlantyk.org along with the payment confirmation to: [email protected]
The participation in the competition will be confirmed by the Organizer of the competition via electronic mail (e-mail) sent to the address indicated in the form. Email subject must include participant's full name.
- All participants of the competition are obliged to pay a registration fee in the amount of: 30 EUR (or 129 PLN) to the bank account of the Organizer No.:
PL 15 1090 2705 0000 0001 3270 4699
SWIFT/BIC Code: WBKPPLPP (for the Euroregulated transfers).
Organizer’s address: Fundacja Transatlantyk
Festival, Plac Wolności 5, 91-415 Łódź.
Bank’s address: Santander Bank Polska
Rynek 9/11 street 50-950 Wrocław.
The deadline for paying the fee - July 12 th 2019.
In the transfer title, please provide your name and surname and add the ICC.
- The information regarding acceptance or rejection of the candidacy will be sent to the potential participants via e-mail by July 13th 2019, to the address indicated in the form, usually it is send in few days after registration.
- All finalists are obligated to appear personally at the Contest eliminations, final and Closing Gala. The Organizer covers the accommodation costs during the Contest final only based on the Organizer’s rules.
- Each participant of the competition also receives the ACCREDITATION: COMPETITION, which authorizes him/her to enter from July 12 to 19 to all paid film screenings taking place during Festival (with the exception of Culinary Cinema and Cinema in Bed), seats limits apply.
- The members of the international jury will be named at least by the day before elimination day.
- During the elimination on July 18th 2019, the jury will select finalists, who will take part in the Transatlantyk Instant Composition Contest on July 18th 2019.
- Jury deliberations and voting are secret and their decision final and not subject to verification.
- 4 Prizes - Transatlantyk Instant Composer Awards 2019
- There are three main prizes in the competition:
- Transatlantyk Instant Composer Award – First Prize – 10’000 PLN, (approximately 2’300 EUR)
- Transatlantyk Instant Composer Award – Second Prize – 7’500 PLN (approximately 1’750 EUR)
- Transatlantyk Instant Composer Award – Third Prize – 5’000 PLN, (approximately 1’170 EUR).
- The winner will be named Transatlantyk Instant Composer 2019.
- The finalists will receive participation certificates and the winners will be awarded diplomas with prizes during the Festival Closing Gala on July 19th 2019.
- All the money prizes will be paid out not later than within 10 months from the end of the Festival.
- The Organizer reserves the right to award prizes outside those regulated by Competition Rules.
- The Organizer has the right not to award any prizes (leaving the contest unresolved) in the case the works do not meet - in the opinion of the Organizer - the quality - artistic standards.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the competition in case of failure to reach a sufficient number of applications. Participants’ entry fee will be refunded within 30 days.
- 5 Copyright and personal information
- The participants declare that their Contest performances do not break any copyright laws.
- The participants of the Contest assign, on a non-exclusive basis and free of charge, their economic copyright to the compositions submitted for the Contest and their artistic performances – recordings in a territorially and time unlimited way in the following areas of use:
- recording in all available forms (photography, audio, video)
- multiplying on all sound and image carriers
- entering into computer memory and the Internet
- public performing
- renting and leasing
- wireless, wired and satellite broadcasting as well as rebroadcasting and retransmitting.
- Should third parties lay a claim against the Organizer on account of breach by the participants of copyright or personal rights of third parties connected with the usage of the compositions, the participants of the Contest shall indemnify the Organizer against any and all of such third parties.
- The participants of the Contest grant the Organizer their permission to publish their image, which has been recorded by any photographic or recording techniques for the needs of organizing and promoting the Contest and in accordance with the statutory purposes of the Contest Organizer.
- By taking part in the Competition, the participants also agree to processing their personal information by the Organizer for the purposes of the Competition, in accordance with the conditions defined in the personal data protection act as of August 29th, 1997 (Journal of Law 2001, No 101, pos. 928 with consecutive changes).
- These rules are available on the website http://www.transatlantyk.org and in Organizer’s office.
- The rules come into effect on June 10th 2019.
- The rules are prepared in two language versions: Polish and English. In case of doubt regarding any of the resolutions of these rules, the Polish version shall prevail.
- Unless otherwise provided by the applicable law, a complete legal relation between the participant of the Contest and the Organizer shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Poland.
- Should any of the provisions of these Rules be legally invalid in part or in full, the Organizer undertakes to make immediate changes to such provision. The invalidity of any of the provision of the Rules shall not affect the other provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- The Artistic Director of the contest makes final decisions upon all organizational issues. Such decisions are irrevocable and non-claimable.
7. The Organizer has the right to change the rules of participation